Source Code Instructions
Borland C++ 3.1 (BC31.ZIP)
Wolf3d Source Code (WOLFSRC.ZIP)
VGA Files (VGAFILES.ZIP)
Plus the registered version of Wolfenstein 3D.
Setting it up
1. Unzip BC31.ZIP into a folder and run the EXE file it creates.
2. Install Borland++ 3.1 to C:\TC
3. Install a fresh copy of Wolf3D to C:\WOLF3D
4. Unzip WOLFSRC.ZIP into a folder, and run the INSTALL file it creates.
5. Install Source Code to C:\WOLFSRC
6. Run the INSTALL file again, but this time install Source Code to C:\TC\BIN
7. Unzip VGAFILES.ZIP to C:\WOLF3D and say YES when asked to replace the old files!
Compiling the Code
1. Goto C:\TC\BIN and run BC.EXE
2. Goto PROJECT and OPEN, then open C:\TC\BIN\WOLF.PRJ then click OK
3. Goto OPTIONS and DIRECTORIES, and make sure the directories read as follows:
C:\TC\INCLUDE - INCLUDE DIRECTORY
C:\TC\LIB - LIBRARY DIRECTORY
C:\WOLF3D - OUTPUT DIRECTORY
C:\WOLFSRC - SOURCE DIRECTORY, then click OK
4. Go down the file list at the bottom of the screen and find SIGNON.OBJ and GAMEPAL.OBJ - click on each of them once and press delete for each file.
5. Now press INSERT and goto C:\WOLFSRC\OBJ and INSERT SIGNON.OBJ and GAMEPAL.OBJ - then click DONE.
6. Select COMPILE and BUILD ALL.
In C:\WOLF3D, you should now have a fully functional WOLF3D.EXE - Woohoo!!
Many thanks to David Gebler, on whose original source code instructions the above information is based.
Download a DOC file of the above instructions.
My Other Wolf 3D Sites
Wolfenstein 3D News
Mr. Lowe's Wolf 3D Page
Send me E-mail!